Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Friday, February 18, 2011

My First Challenge!

I popped into Mary's blog this am  (http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/) and when I saw this challenge I couldn't resist! I am so into Mary's projects & Sophie too! The challenge is 'All About Spring' Well to me, spring is all about Hummingbirds! I don't have but a couple of carts, but I did manage to squeek out the money to buy Lyrical Letters, because on CricutSearch I learned that it had a Hummingbird on it!

I used some hot pink stock I had from leftover school project & black construction paper. (I don't have any black stock) The patterned paper & solid stock, is Cricut I got as a bundle when I bought my tool set & spatula & Lyrical Letters from cricutmachine.com. I cut 3 hummers starting the darkest at 2 1/2" and making each layer after that 1/4" smaller. I accented the cut lines (Thanks again Mary) With a colored pencil. I hope to afford some chalks & Chalk inks soon, but it looks OK for now. I glued the layers with an offset to give it some depth, and added some foam dots to bring it up. The heart I added was an extra from my mailbox project. I used the font 'Curlz" and printed out the sentiment. OH and the black ribbon is from my Soy candle supplies.

Thanks for looking & Think SPRING!

Pin It

7 comments:

My Crafting Time said...

Great job on your first challenge. Love the hummingbird. I'm a new follower. Hope you have a chance to hop on over to my blog and if you like it, become a follower of mine too.

stacy
http://www.mycraftingtime.com

ANGIE said...

Hi Misty. Your Spring card is lovely! I want the Hummingbirds to come back real soon.

Happy Spring to you!

VICTORIA said...

I love hummingbirds. I once live on Hummingbird Lane in Harrison Arkansas. Great Card. Good luck with the challenge :) Victoria

needingJesusdaily said...

You did an amazing job. The hummingbird is beautiful. Check out cricutmachine.com they have real good prices on their cartridges and the sales change regularly so you can wait for a better price.
God Bless
Sherry

terrie said...

Very nice Hummingbird...I like the colors that you used to do it..well done

Dina said...

wow! I love the hummingbird! very pretty card! Dina

Minta's Creations said...

Love your hummingbird card!
Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/