Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Operation Write Home Bunny Hop

Hello & Welcome!
 It is 10am 3/5/11, and the official start to the
OPERATION WRITE HOME BUNNY HOP!
If you came here from
Tereza @  Creating Treasures
you're on the right Bunny Trail. Isn't her card Stunning? If you just hopped
here, you can find the start of the OWH Bunny Hop Here

Operation Write Home an organization that supports our Armed Forces by sending  handmade greeting cards to our Hero's so they can write home to their loved one's, as well as 'Any Hero' cards to support them.

Don't forget Easter card deadline is March 18th & the Mother's Day deadline is March 31st.

 If you have time, please visit one of my Favorite OWH links,
Great info for card makers old & new! OWH Resources  

(I added the full Bunny Trail Hop links at the end in case your lost!)

My little try's.

My 1st card here is actually my 2nd. I liked it better so offer it 1st. My camera is horrid with this metallic paper  :(  Sorry
Recipe below pic.





Spring to means my hummingbirds will return. I was playing around and made this. I Love it (If I do say so meself!)

Recipe:
Standard A2 Card
*White Card Stock
*Matt 1 -  Wausau Metallics Castle Copper: ¼"smaller than card.
*Matt 2 - Wausau Metallics White Gold: ¼" smaller than matt #1.
*2 strips of Wausau Metallics Castle Copper 1cm.
*Center tag - 'Stretch Your Imagination' Pg. 78 R5-7,
Shadow  - Wausau Metallics Castle Copper 2 1/2".
Blackout - Wausau Metallics White Gold 2".
*Stamp - Had it for years Guess I just got it for the hummer,
cause I wasn't into stamping at the time. Forgot I had it for my
Soy Candles, tried to use once with markers! (had no ink)
Cleaned it up and wola!.It is a 'Stampin'Up dated 1999.
I used Stampin'Up Classic Ink 'Cherry Cobbler'.
I want to try to emboss this later.

Here's my 2nd, which is actually my 1st! 'miss you' is embossed.


None of my cards yet have OWH Stamps on back yet.
I did get the free one, & then mounted it, tested & it worked great. Then the puppy (see pic on side bar) somehow got
ahold of it......
(sorry bad pic, but you know what is Should look like & can see teeth marks *sigh*)

If you made it this far, become a follower & comment leaving a way to contact you (USA only, this is my 1st time out) And I will send you a small pack of blog candy! :) Hippty-Hop!

Your next stop on the Bunny Hop is;
 Kathy @  Scrapin kats
Enjoy & Keep Hopping Down the Bunny Trail!

Here's the entire hop order, in case you get lost or run into a glitch:

1. OWH @  OWH Hero Blog
2. Sandy @  A Colourful World
3. Gerda @  StampFairy World
4. Yolanda @  Imagine.Make.Share
5. Hambo @  Talk to the Ham
6. Dixie @  What's Next?
7. Jan @  She's Gone Stampin'
8. Kimme @  InStyle Stamps
9. Barb  @ Paper Therapy Ponderings
10. Paula @  Handmade By Paula
11. Julie @  Handmade by Julie
12. Nancy @  Scrap Happens!
13. Yvonne @  One Creative Momma
14. Seongsook @  Seongsook's Creations
15. Vieve @  Plaid Polka Dots
16. April @  Scrapping the Magic
17. Lisa @  Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons
18. Cindy @  Cindy's Card Co
19. Holly @  InkPaperStamps
20. Karen @  Slightly Scrappy
21. Cara @  Crafting Adventures
22. Connie @  Grammy's Attic
23. Brittany @  Levels of Light
24. Sharon @  Sharon's Shenanigans
25. Rhonda @   Rhonda's Place to Share
26. Marilyn @  Marilyn's Cards and More
27. Allison @  Allison's Creations
28. Susan @  Pieces of Fate
29. Lee @  Stamping With Grandma Lee
30. Kate @  Hello From Kate
31. Shelly @  My Creative Rumblings
32. Loni @  Loni's Life
33. Jennifer @  Crafty Card Gallery
34. Kaki @  Scrappin' Yats
35. Pat @  PatQ's Cards
36. Jennifer @  Makeup & Markers
37. Kelly @  You and Your Big Dreams
38. leslierahye @  leslierahye
39. Sharon @  Desert Rose Stamper
40. Jamie @  Crafty Girl 21
41. Paula @  Cut n Paste Memories
42. Rhonda @  The Stampin' Bunny
43. Linda @  The Stamper's Touch
44. Doris @  MomsBeenScrappin
45. Amy @  This Busy Girl
46. Pauline @  My Paper Playground
47. Sheila @ 2 Paw Prints
48. Gina @  California Scrappin'
49. Mindy @  Grammies Craft Room
50. Erica @  Creative But Messy
51. Yvette @  Gamma's Creative Corner
52. Sherrie @  Impressionable Art
53. Sherry @  Bits of Cheer
54. Jennifer @  I'm Crafty
55. Corinna @  My Scrapbook Life
56. Patricia @  Thinking of Inking
57. Penny @  Penny's Page
58. Christy @  Lone Pine Designs
59. Tammy @  My Craft Central
60. Amanda @  Scrappnbee the Scrapbooker
61. Shelley @  Shelley's Paper & Ink
62. Mari @  Heartfelt and Handmade by Mari K.
63. Holley @  Holley's Hobbies
64. Velda @  Oldstamper Musings
65. Cheryl @  She Stamps by Cheryl
66. Catherine @  PaperAddict Catherine
67. Shelly @  Create With Me
68. Jeanine @  Bucket List Stamper
69. Monica @  Little Bit of Life
70. Michelle @  Caffeine & Stamps
71. Patty @  pssmitty papercrafts
72. Jenn @  Scrap Happens!
73. Eileen @  2much fun
74. Shannon @  Shannon's Sentiments
75. Marjorie @  Auntie Margs Blog & Crafty Stuff
76. MAllyson @  ally-minimonkey
77. Valerie @  A Blog With No Name
78. Diane @  Stampin Ldyglfr62
79. Kapree @  Me Incognito
80. KellyRae @  sassy rubber artists
81. Kathleen @  Kat's Scrappy, Bloggy Life
82. Christine @  Christine's Crafting Capers
83. CJ @  tea-n-stitches
84. Shannon @  Shannon's Sentiments
85. Darlene @  itsaninkinstampede
86. Meighen @  Scrappin3rdeeschik
87. Tereza @  Creating Treasures
88. Misty @  DeliteFul Gifts <-YOU ARE HERE***
89. Kathy @  Scrapin kats<- NEXT STOP ON BUNNY HOP
90. Shelly @  Confessions of a Wheelie Scrapbooker
91. Redonna @ Perpetual Play
92. Heather @  We Grow By Our Dreams
93. Anita @  Cards & Coffee
94. Caro @  Scraps of Time
95. Shannon @  Purple Lion Paper
96. Judith @  Joy in a JAR
97. Jennifer @  The Sparkle Within
98. Kyra @  The Bunny Nest
99. Samantha @  ExpressionsOfACraftaholic
100. Mariam @  Purple Lily Studio
101. Amy @  LoveToCrop!
102. Rebecca @  Rebecca Minor
103. Elizabeth @  Visions of Paper
104. Jacquelyn @  creativejackie831
105. Lisa @  Schnauz Scraps
106. Laurel @  Paper Crafts by Laurel
107. Jinny @  Soaring
108. Melissa @  Melissa Schabel
109. Erica @  Inked Up and Ready to Play
110. Kerri @  Big Smiles From Kbear
111. Rosie @  RubberStampRosie's Card Factory
112. Nicole @  Moments2Treasure
113. Cindy @  Mostly Markers
114. Veronica @  Circle B Enterprises
115. Sue @  Blondin Blogs
116. Nicole @  My Craft Room Creations
117. Donna @  Donna Inks
118. Amy @  greetings!
119. Sheryl @  Sheryl's Crafting Corner
120. Jan @  ArtFriendzy
121. Brianne @  Crazy, Beautiful Life
122. Lindsay @  Lindsay Loo Designz
123. Caryl @  Stamps & Stitches
124. CKari @  PurpleFuntastick Creations
125. Elizabeth @  wilmafernsgirl
126. Jennifer @ Cards By Jennifer
127. Diane @  Back Porch Stamper
128. Maritza @  Happy Heaven
129. Jeri @  CraftyJsPlace
130. Linda @  Catered Crop
131. Carol @  Scrappin' Heaven
132. Angela @  MidnightCrafting
133. Carole @ Fibre Junky
134. OWH Home Front @  OWH Home Front
135. OWH @  OWH Stars And Stamps Pin It

49 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Both cards are great, but I'm partial to the hummingbird too!! Thank you for sharing your talent on the hop today!

Marilyn Webb said...

both gorgeous!

Paula said...

I like them both but the bright colors of the sunflower one really are pretty and so springy! Glad you joined in and I hope you enjoy the hop.

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

sorry about your stamp... :(

great job on the cards,... keep up the good work and thank you for taking time and using your creative talents to bless OperationWriteHome.

Operation Write Home said...

I like the hummingbird card a lot - pretty stamp! Sorry about the puppy...yeesh, those teeth they have!

Happy hopping!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Very springy and cute! Nice work!

ScrappnBee said...

Great cards! Love them! The metallic paper is really cool! thanks for hopping!- Amanda (#61)

Janet said...

Very nice cards and we have a cat that likes to chew on paper so I feel for you!

Janet at scrappingthemagic dot com

Michelle Single said...

Love the happiness of both cards! Sorry to hear about your stamp! I have a chewer myself and have to be extra careful to keep my stuff away from her :)

Christine said...

both cards are great =) TFS
great dog... sorry he got your stamp =(

Teresa said...

Love hummingbirds! Pretty cards--TFS

Caro said...

Love the simplicity and color on the first card. Both cards are very springy!

Redonna said...

Nice cards. I really like the hummingbird one. TFS

rstuck2003 said...

LOVE your cards, thanks for sharing...puppy is just too cute, sorry about the stamp!. Thanks for the chance to win.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh Misty, I love your hummingbird card too--bet it's even more stunning in real life!

My dog has a taste for card-making supplies too. . .

Stamp Addict Jennifer said...

I loved both cards! Thanks for sharing! The puppy is really cute too!

Jennifer

I became a follower, follow me too at:
http://www.thestampaddictblog.com

Cyndi S said...

Love both of your cards but the 1st one is amazing. I love it. How could you be mad at that adorable puppy, she just wanted to give her stamp of approval. LOL
cstephenson@q.com

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards! I love the sunflower one! Cute pup too! Tammy :)

2MuchFun said...

I love your cards.
Love the puppy's ears also :)

Lisa said...

Lovely cards! I have a few stamps with teeth marks, too. :)

Erika said...

Cute! And as a military wife, let me say thank you for donating your creations to OWH!

Mindy :) said...

I have had a fun time looking thru your blog!
Mindy O.

Rhonda Miller said...

What great cards. TFS.

Sue D said...

Great cards--I have the hummingbird stamp too!
I became a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Cheryl said...

Lovely cards!


--Cheryl--

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great cards! Already a follower! abusybee24atcoxdotnet

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Thanks for doing this Hop for OWH
Have a wonderful Day… HOPPY Easter to You!
Come and BEE a follower on my blog
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Mindy said...

Great cards... Thanks for hopping with us :)
Mindy

littlebitoftoto said...

my puppy won't leave my craft stuff alone either....lol...cute

tlfletcher@embarqmail.com

SueB said...

I love sunflowers ... and my pup taught ME how to put away my boots into the closet by chewing thru 2 pairs first! sigh ... TFS!

Marsha said...

thanks for your part in the blog hop.

Ann said...

I really like both cards but I'm a little partial to hummingbirds. TFS

bernietom47 said...

Wow that first card is so elegant! Love it!
You have a very interesting and informative blog. I'm a follower and will be back often.
Blessings Bernie
Bernietom47 at yahoo dot com

The Stamper's Touch said...

What lovely cards you've created!!! And what a cutie of a pup too!!!

Linda

ediehardy said...

Beautiful cards, love the hummingbird. Pretty colors and papers. Poor stamp.....puppies will do that, won't they? Have a great weekend!

MomsBeenScrappin said...

Two beautiful cards and a guilty looking puppy:)
Doris, stop #45

Shelly said...

Both of your cards are very pretty! The first one is elegant and the second one is bright and cheerful. There's a need for both.

Puppies do love rubber stamps. Mine ate several when she was a pup, though not my OWH stamp, because I didn't have it back then. :)

Disp6194 said...

Your cards are beautiful, I love all the shine you get with metallic paper! Thanks for the chance to win!

Donna S said...

I love hummingbirds too! Great cards!

shersl84bed said...

Love your cards. Great job.

ShersL84bed@aol.com

grandmalee said...

I love your cards, and most cameras don't pick up the shimmer. I will tell you that you may need to use the macro function (it usually looks like a tulip on most cameras) in order for items to look better when they are shot real close. I can relate with the dogs. I can't tell you how many things I've had chewed on pooped on! lol BearasaurousVonLoges is adorable! I can't image any relation of his could be bad! Thanks for your support of OWH!
I'm a new follower!
grandma_lee_t AT yahoo DOT com

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Lovely cards and I do follow. Thanks for being a part of this hop!
terriavidreader at yahoo dot com

Amy said...

Your cards turned out great!! Every time I see something with hummingbirds now, I think of you :) Hope you get to see some soon!! :)

Thanks so much for sharing your talent in the OWH Bunny Hop!!

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

GrammaR said...

I think both cards are great. However, hummingbirds remind me of my grandmother, so it pulls at my heart.

kelley at sevenmilenursery dot com

Cut n Paste said...

Both cards are very pretty. And the stamp....well that sometimes happens with dogs :)

Jinny Newlin said...

Great cards! Lovin' that metallic paper! Oh! And puppies ;)! Grrr!

Yolanda said...

That hummingbird card is simply gorgeous!

Just A Pac Rat said...

Wonderful Cards! I really love the second one, or is it your first, LOL! Thanks for sharing them with us and OWH!

I am a new follower!

circlebenteprises.blogspot.com

Susan said...

LOVELY cards! and is that a white sheppard? I had one, she was my best friend, and the best dog I ever had. "Honey" was put down when she was 10...cancer surrounding her bladder. I still miss her and that was 2001.


I missed your candy also :( My post was up on Saturday, but blogger messed up and it did not get posted til about 3 pm. I asked Yolanda to send a mass email to all the participants. She didn't do it.
sorry.
Susan

ps...but you just squeaked in for my day 2 candy...good luck!