Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

TriFold Card First Attempt

  I was inspired by so many on the OWH Bunny Hop. I decided to do something I wanted to try for weeks. This will fit into a A2 envelope, though for our heroes, you will need to add a piece of coordinating decorated card stock for them to write on, since there isn't any room within the cuts for writing,

  Spring sure is taking it's time getting here, so I thought I'd make a card with a hummingbird & butterfly, a couple of my favorite things about spring!
  I made this for my MIL. Though we often do not see eye to eye, she is family. She is a Breast Cancer survivor 30+years, but last year got sick with flu and stopped eating. It has been a long road. I made this to cheer her. She loves hummingbirds too!

  The card stock is 'kraft 12x12' from OTC.
The designer paper is from DCWV-Garden Party Matstack.(ACM)
The sentiment & hummer stamp, are SU & embossed w/copper, on a matt of Wausau White Gold.
(I forgot I wanted to ink edges:(

The next shots are inside. I use 3 (cheap) stamps for the inside sentiment. No emboss, cause the cheepies don't work for me that way. I also used 'swissdots' embossing with my rolling pic on the white mats behind DS papers. The main stamp says 'celebrate! Then I added a butterfly & trail.  A dash of gold glitter glue to the spots on butterfly wings & the dot in the ! in celebrate.




Added a pink ribbon, closest I had to match. (need to trim a bit eh?)


OK. trimmed the ribbon, added a bit of bling. Better??




 And that is my 1st attempt at trifold! What do you think? Thanks for looking! Comments & critique appreciated!

Hummer Hugs,
Misty Pin It

6 comments:

mom2maddie06 (Misty) said...

CUTE, cute, cute!!! Love it :)

Cyndi S said...

Your card is elegant. I just love it. I too love the hummingbirds. My mom passed away when I was 6, she just loved the hummingbirds. I think is why I so love them. Your card is so beautiful and a wonderful job on your first tri-fold card. Can't wait to see more of your projects.

JustYolie said...

Gorgeous card!! Thannks for stopping by my blog today! I'm a new follower.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Great papers!

Gretchen said...

wow! this is very cool!

Creative Cutter Room said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the hummingbird and your choice of paper. TFS in the Creative Cutter Room. Cathie