Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

OWH Stars & Stamps Challenge Fathers Day

Our challenge this week is Father’s Day! We challenge you to make cards for our heroes to send home to their Dad’s for Father’s Day. We are looking forward to seeing your creations!

The deadline for Father’s Day cards to be in our shippers hands is May 21, 2011.


Recipe;
*White A2 Card
*Black Matt AC cut 1/4" smaller
*White card stock cut 1/4 ' smaller. I used a CB folder DV'Swirls & my rolling pin.
(my kingdom for a machine!)
*Gold Strip, Wausau Kings Gold cut @ 5" 2 3/4"
* Top Hat Aplha, I made last year in PSP *Available for purchase* Printed out at app.1 1/2 x 1 1/2"
*Gold Braid string from stash.
* 4 Black eyelets, from stash
* Used scrap of gold paper to punch 4 1/4" circles to use as accents under the eyelets.
*Gold gel pen, that died at the end of this card! *Shake-dash-shake-dash...*
*Adhered the black/white matt to card base. Adhered tophats to gold strip, then used pop dots to pop it up for dimension.

Thanks for looking,
Hummer Hugs,
Misty Pin It

9 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Don't you dare delete your entry, I think it's fabulous! lol, I had to rush over to OWH before it was gone :) Thanks for playing in our Father's Day challenge at Operation Write Home Misty!

June Houck said...

I help my friend, Dixie, package cards for OWH a couple of times each year (she is in NC and I am in VA…wish I could help her more often!) We have so much fun looking through all of the cards that come in and sorting them into categories before she ships them out. I am gathering up my own supplies for mass-production on my next trip to NC. Your card is WONDERFUL! Thanks for supporting OWH :)

Amy said...

So pretty!

Mary Cavalier said...

How classy!

Paula S. said...

The gold, black and white is such a classy color combination. Great chice for a masculine card and the gold cord is nice too. Like ribbon but with the girly feel. Great!

Jen said...

Fabulous! I love the top hats... super classy. Glad your pen died at the *end* of making the card. :)

jengd said...

I love those top hats! Great elegant card! Just popping in from the Getting Cricky hop.

Nancy Keller said...

Rest in peace, gold gel pen! You went to a great cause! I love your top hat card!

Arlene said...

Very pretty card. I am a new follower from the Link Up Party, so glad I found you...your blog is inspirational.

Arlene.
http://waterdots.blogspot.com/