Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

OWH Challenge Card #70

Our sketch this week features a big curved section! Here's a tip for you if you don't have a tool to cut curves or circles: simply pick out an appropriately sized salad plate or bowl, place it upside down on the back of your paper, trace the curve with a pencil, then cut it out carefully with scissors. Low tech and low cost, and it works just fine.


Here is my take on this sketch. I haven't added a sentiment yet. Sorry for the bad pic, another gloomy day here.

A2 Recipe
Base-white stock
mat 1- kraft stock
mat 2- Colorbok Pack-MS Doily lace punch
Scallops, Colorbok Pack- Accent Essentials,pg #62, cut at 5", 4", 3", then cut in 1/2 & each layer is popped up.
Ribbon from stash, & double bow made with a FORK!
Pop Dots & glue dot.

Photobucket Pin It

11 comments:

ScrappinSassy said...

Cute card!! I like the layers & the edge punch you used is cute!

it's gloomy here in Utah too :(

ThePurplePlace said...

Misty - This card is absolutely beautiful! I love your take on the sketch and think it came out perfect!

Pretty colors and lovely shapes!!!

I also think your tips about cutting the circles with a plate or bowl is prefect! Great TIP !! I used a Cuttlebug die, but I have it admit, it was not exactly the right size and your idea would have worked much better!!

Have a nice day and thanks for sharing this awesome card!!

Lis

Susan said...

great job on the sketch - I really like your card

Louise Fox said...

Misty, I like the way you tweaked the sketch just enough to make it so unique. Very lovely card containing much inspiration. Blessings.

Donna Hanley said...

Misty, Nice take on the sketch this week. Love all of your papers. Your blog looks so pretty with your hummingbirds. I've only seen two in my yard so far this season. Thank you for sharing.

Paula S. said...

Love the layering and how the sketch looks turned horizontal. Very nice job Misty!

Yolanda said...

Very nice. I like how you popped up the layers.

Jen said...

Pretty! I love how you turned the sketch; it works so well! And I love the fork bow. :)

Julie said...

Great card, Misty! I like the way you flipped the sketch. And your fork bow is awesome! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Misty!! Your card is so pretty. I love the big scalloped layers and the bow at the top. Love love it!

Missy said...

Love the layers!