Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Reverse Engineered Ruffle & Answers

If you are here for the OWH MEMORIAL DAY HOP CLICK HERE, or Scroll down.

I am going to try to answer some of the questions
and statements made on my comments from the OWH Memorial Day Hop. Then below is my card for today.

#1. The Ruffled Layers on my Card I learned that from Sandy, President of OWH, in a tutorial she did HERE. I made one, and so liked it, I decided to incorporate the design into my card for this hop. The punch is a MS Doily Lace. I do not like it. It is very hard to punch and the lever shifts left & right.
#2. The Americana sheep is done is PSP. I don't have the supplies to color & even if I did, I am not that good! LOL! So I find it easier to create digis in PSP.
#3 It is a Twisted Easel Card. I cover any dark stock w/white, this adds more room for letter writing. I suggest you visit HERE  She has very clear instructions on all her cards, including different folds.
#4.The 'GI BEAR',I also made in PSP & is one of the ones I offer for sale HERE. On the bear & the sentiment 'tear drop'as with most of my PSP digis, Only the black layer is a matt.The bear is on a white layer, while the green & tan are each a layer framed around the bear layer. This gives the illusion of layering without the bulk and sure helps when I don't have the matching card stock.
#5. Yes, Susan, Niki VonLoges is a registered White Sheppard. She is 10 months old. You live about 1 hour from me. My DD is going to the lighthouse this week on a class trip. (again) LOL!
#6. Several mentions of Hummingbirds. Did I ever mention I love hummingbirds? LOL!
#7. Parting comment...Thank 'EWE' all for your comments, praise & suggestions!

Now for my I don't know exactly know what to call it card...LOL!


I had to work backwards from the normal ruffle, meaning I had to start from the top & work down. Every thing was hand torn. I don't have any brown paper so the 'beach sand' is lunch bag, cut, sprinkled, crumpled
and hand torn. A2 size card of course. There are 5 layers of 'waves', but it is still very flat.
All cuts from CAC Cricut Cart. Peachy Keen wide Eye Kids asst stamps.
While you can not see it in photo, each wave layer is ATG down on bottom, the top of the wave is 'popped up' with dots. I left room for a future sentiment on the top left.


Photobucket Pin It

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Adorable card! Love the technique you used.

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com
HappyScrapper64@bex.net

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun card!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh my goodness, this is fun!

Amy said...

OMGoodness!! I TOTALLY LOVE this card!! So stinkin' cute, Misty!! I love that you reversed the 'ruffle' technique...

Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
and Decorate To Celebrate!

Tami B. said...

I just saw the blog design you did for Tanya. It is fantastic!!!