Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cards For St. Jude's Childrens Hospital.

  Since being unemployed  & unable to send cash donations this year, I decided to use my dwindling card making supplies to make cards for the children in St Jude.  As many of you know, we lost our Tommy  to cancer when he was 3. So I know during 3 years of treatment, what it can mean to a child to get a small something during the holidays. (ALL HOLIDAYS!
  These cards are just my sample cards, with boo-boos' I did not want to send, but keep with an index card inside of sizes, instructions etc., in case I want to duplicate or share. I made over 80 cards.

Took pics outside.
Close up...'Believe' is embossed. (I 'believe' This is where my last white gel pen gave up the ghost.)
Lil Deer, blazing Glue boo-boo!
Deer #2..can ya tell I love 'Create A Critter'? Computer generated sentiment.
Gingerbread Man....Lot's of foam tape use in all cards to pop up (*Thanks Sandy!)
Penguin, for the wee ones, very large & simple..........
Happy Snowman.......Computer generated sentiment.
The 'stamp' graphic I made.....Used a Valentines stamp to cancel it. Just masked off the 'Feb 14' area. Used Provo Craft, Paper Shapers scissors Postage stamp to trim edges more like a real stamp.
Just a lously 8 fake stamps short, I went to print more & my HP printer/flatbedscanner died, and I MEAN it is GONE! So after a couple hours of trying past tricks to revive it, I made the call to use REAL stamps. (Had to hand write the enclosed letter :(
Inside, I used My Pink Stampers  Biggie Christmas Set, using the most child like ones. Also stamped and heat embossed a small something in corner. I hand wrote a note of love in each one.
Here is the box, ready for Tom to take to PO. Again, I had to hand print, since printer flat scanner died :(

Well, that's my last 'hurrah' big project. I hope to find a job soon, so I can continue making cards for OWH & St. Jude, & CHOP. otherwise I will have to give it all up. My 'hobby' can not be placed before my family's needs. But I feel REAL good about this project!
Photobucket Pin It

2 comments:

Brenda said...

awww Misty I cried reading this post...sooo sorry to read about your Tommy...sending hugs
I think it is sooo awesome of you to make these cards for the children love all of them!
hugs
Brenda

Brenda said...

What a fabulous idea Misty! I love how you are giving back this way. I pray that you will find a job soon my friend. I know how bad it is out there, but keep your chin up!! It will happen!! I hope you don't have to give up your card making either, you do such a wonderful job with them. These are so cute and perfect for St. Judes!!! Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and new job for the New Year!!!