Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Challenge Card

Over at OWH Stars & Stamps is this weeks sketch, #102. I am also including this for my group challenge at Paper Hoarders. Paper Hoarders theme was black/gold/silver & must include 2012. I include the sketch for Stars & Stamps below.

 I started with scraps of Wausau Metallics papers in copper, gold & silver, black & blue stock from scrap pile as well. For OWH, I turned the card around & made the copper strips thinner on a layer of black. The gold layer was run through cuttle bug. The bells are popped up on 'Sandy' tape. Later I thought maybe I should have run silver bells through the bug...oh well. The silver sentiment with black background, was made with Cricut cart 'Stretch Your Imagination' endcaps feature, cut at 1/2".  That's where the main trouble started, I started at 1", too big, and moved down in size, only to have the numbers mess up, took 1 new sheet of gold...BUT then realized gold on gold was lost. So 1/2 new sheet of silver later, I finally got one that came out..whew! After adhering the silver 2012 to the black cut, I thought it looked unbalanced, so I added small blue star bling. My DH said it looked like a something for Dallas Cowboys! it too was popped up on foam tape. I took MANY pics, but trust me I have a hard time in any lighting with metallics, it looks 100% better in real life!
If it stops raining, I might try to take new pictures outside tomorrow.
Photobucket Pin It

10 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Misty, This card is quite unique and very pretty. I like that you turned the sketch. This way fits your card very nicely. Happy New Year

Linda said...

I agree with Donna...the turn really works for your card. It can be frustrating when the card doesn't "shine" in a picture. Been there! TFS!!!

Sarah said...

Great papers--Love your take on the sketch and the embossing folder you used is fabulous!

Jen said...

Love how you turned the sketch... It really works for Your card!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

taking pictures of shiny cards is so hard - great use of your scraps - like how you turned it - make the sketch work for you

Barb Housner

Paula S. said...

I think the bling stars add a perfect finishing touch! I seldom think to "flip" the sketch but I always like it when I see someone else do it. Happy New Year Misty!

StampTramps said...

I like what you did with the sketch this week, and you're right, it needs those stars, they tie it all in very nicely.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Oh wow, your card is gorgeous! Flipping the sketch was a great idea and the stars add just the right pop of color. I can't take decent pics of shiny cards no matter what I do, but yours really shine.

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Misty -- I like how you turned the sketch -- I'm going to have to try that. The embossing looks great on the gold paper. It was great you were able to combine 2 challenges. You're right my Sadie girl would probably like to play with Bear.

Happy New Year -- Sharon

Julie said...

Great card, Misty! Very shiny! I like how you altered the sketch to suit it. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge.

(PS - the Cowboys had a pretty bad weekend so it was very nice of you to make this card for them, lol!)