Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's For Supper? 1/18/2012

About 20? years ago I found the original recipe in the 'Old Farmers Almanac" I have converted it to this family favorite. (Recipe below pics) I just call it 'Farmers Chicken.'

Browned off.
Plated after baking in wine for 40 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken & noodles.

 
*Preheat oven to 350°
*Start a large pot of water for the noodles.
*1/2 large boneless chicken breast per person. Pound the chicken flat in a sturdy zipper bag.
*Shredded cheese of choice. I change this up every time, but sharp, mozz, your family's fav, or a combo works well. Pile cheese in the middle of the breast, roll up and use toothpicks to secure.
*Prepare a dredge bowl of flour with spices you like. I use lemon pepper. Coat the chicken well in the flour. Brown all sides nicely in a skillet. I use cast iron skillet & olive oil.
*Transfer chicken to a pyrex baking dish. **(See note below)**
* Add about 1/2 cup of white wine over chicken. If you don't want wine, use chicken stock or maybe water, though I never have & it won't taste the same. (The alcohol cooks off & just flavors the dish, no worries about a drunken family!)
*Cover with foil, slightly vent one corner, cook for 40-50 minutes.
* Cook wide egg noodles, or pasta of choice, drain, return to pot. Add 1 stick of butter to 1 pound of noodles, adjust for lesser amounts. Honest, I don't know how much parm to add, I just go for the cheesiest! Still needs to be moist & stringy, not too dry. Cover pot, till all is ready.
*When chicken is done, plate it with the noodles parm. Spoon the nice cheesey sauce from baking dish over the whole kit-n-kaboodle!
* I serve with carrots, salad & bread.
** I make a double batch of this. After I brown off, I put some either on a pan to flash freeze, then transfer to zipper bag, or into a spare baking dish. Then just add wine to pan & cook off the same way, just add 10 minutes or so depending on your oven.**
***PLEASE if you don't personally remove every toothpick yourself, tell your family/guests, that this is a 'toothpick meal'. Even then beware of 'breakoffs!" still inside! Just sayin'.




Photobucket Pin It

1 comment:

Kev Stevens said...

This blog is content amazing information about Easter gift which is very useful for me. It very important information about Easter festival.
Thank you very much for this great information.
Easter Gift Baskets For Adults