Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

SPECIAL CARD FOR A GIRL ON LVAC

Fellow cardmakers for OWH, Sandi and her mom Ann are also members of my FB Scrap To Treasure group. Sandi is also in the National Guard and the ROTC. She is now doing her month of LVAC which I think is a Leadership Training Course, not 'Lovely Vacation'! That is one month of no phone, internet, nothin'!. But she can get mail. So Ann asked the group to send her some cards. I sent one Monday, just a pretty one I had in the box. I just wrote a short note and included a picture of my new bloomed Iris...

But for next weeks card, I wanted something a bit more personal.


Who says you can't be a lady and wear khaki too? A couple years ago I made these bears and offered them for sale. (I haven't sold one...lol! :(
The DP was in a box from Cora Jean, I found a coordinating paper in a ColorBok Pack. The kraft paper is AC. The beige ribbon I saved it was a bow on a blanket? Thin brown ribbon is Wally World special. String of pearls I have had for years. The sentiment was computer generated. I printed out a tiny khaki pattern and used my hole punch to make the 3 mini buttons, which I topped with a drop of pearl. My Lil Bear was sized in PSP and I attached her to another piece of stock for strength, then cut her out. She is on a homemade wobble. It is hard to see, but her dogtag says 'Freeman'. The next layer is popped up with a double layer of tape. Sentiment layer is popped with one layer of tape. I inked all edges. On the back of the card are smudges from a kittys paw! *sigh* I will also include a picture of the Pink Lily that is blooming as soon as the sun is right. I hope this brings Sandi some cheer. I know I feel real happy doing this for her!
It's a bit thick, might have to make a special envie & add extra postage.(skylight throws weird shadows)


Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

1 comment:

Ann said...

Misty, this is fabulous!! Sandi is just going to LOVE this!!