Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

What's For Supper?

   Another trip to town on a mission to stock up.
Notice I said 'town' not 'city'. That will be next month perhaps, to the wholesale clubs and such.
  This time it was BOGO on boneless pork loin. I brought home 4 of them, which translated into 8, because each was between 2.25-2.50 pounds, and I split them.
   I then marinate them, using a variety of my own mixes. Italian, garlic herb, and garden herb. 2 of each (I kept one out for supper tonight) (Figure 1)
  "But", you say, "you have 2 more 1/2's?"
Indeed I do! One is drowning err..I mean marinating in my homemade bourbon BBQ sauce. This can be grilled, or baked. Or I could crock pot it and make a fantastic pulled pork with the addition of my secret sauce. (Which, actually isn't that big of a deal and I will gladly share if y'all ask nicely!)
   The last 1/2 loin, I saved as is. This can be used as a roast with different seasonings, or cut for a variety of dishes. I think 1/2 of the 1/2 (LOL!) will be for pork medallions and the rest for thick boneless chops.
   So I used my inherited Foodsaver to package & date each. (Figures 2 & 3)
   Moving along, I baked one off @ 350°, for 45 minutes, on a racked, foiled lined pan. It doesn't sit in all the grease and the bottom cook's evenly. You can still use the drippings to make a tasty gravy*! (Figure 4)
  I also made homemade cheese sauce for the macaroni, but that recipe will be in another post.
   Finally, I plated and served the meal. (Figure 5) *Click on picture(s) to enlarge*

~*FIGURE 1*~



~*FIGURE 2*~
~*FIGURE 3*~
~*FIGURE 4*~
~*FIGURE 5*~

**Hint..When racked, your food doesn't cook in grease, but All the good flavors of herbs & such are there. You can either pour into container and save for another meal. Once chilled the fat can be skimmed off. OR you can toss some ice cubes into the pan. The hot/warm fat will adhere to the ice making it easy to remove. Then you just make a gravy! * Will post that recipe in another post as well.
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

1 comment:

cgl1539 said...

I love pork roast! We love it so much we dont even buy beef roast anymore. I cook mine in the crockpot with a package of brown gravy and a package of dry ranch dressing mix. Nothing else. Its so so good. I am asking nicely for your secret sauce lol.