Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Monochromatic 1st try!

With a splash of color! I have seen so many YouTube's, tuts, and blogs doing this in the past, but never tried it myself. Because of the circumstances, I must use what I have. I have plenty white card stock, so I tried to do this white on white. I only have 5 ink pads and of those, only have black & green ribbons to match. So I started with green. You know what? Y'all are right! This was hard!
I started with a standard A2 base 5.50 x 4.25. Next layer,1/8" smaller and I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the 'swiss dots' folder. Then wrapped green ribbon around that.
Next layer is the #5 die from Spellbinders Labels Eight set. I 1st embossed a piece of paper with the cuttlebug folder 'divine swirls', then cut & embossed using the spellbinders #4 in the set. So that layer was double embossed! Layer is popped up on "Sandy tape."
Layer #3. Stamped in my one green pad. I used #4 die from the same set, just cut and emboss one time.Again, Layer is popped up on "Sandy tape."
Inside, I added one layer of card stock liner 1/8" smaller and using the smallest die in the set, I stamped, in the matching green, a butterfly from an old Hero Arts set 'Kimono'.
Need to put these away ASAP! Lost 3 cards the other night. Tom let cat in, cat walked on table, since no one was around to yell at him and cards now all have muddy cat paw prints!

Challenges,
Pink Gem - Emboss It

Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

5 comments:

DeAnna Goen said...

Beautiful cards. :)I rarely think to use more than 1 embossing folder at a time... definitely something to put in my tool box.

Michelle Bernal said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is so elegant and just simply stunning! Great job!

Donna Nuce said...

Really a gorgeous card and I enjoyed your thought process on how you put it together!

Ann said...

Misty, it's gorgeous! I love the monochromatic look. Your color choices are awesome!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at pink gem designs
Hugs Kelly