Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Jan 9

~~I apologize for having Word Verification on. I woke up to over 50 spam posts. Funny thing, 99.95% of them are on the SAME post! I would remove that post to see if that helps, but it was & is the only post I have where I was asked to be a Guest Designer! Will try this for awhile, but please do leave me some love!

This weeks challenge over at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps, is No Sentiment. I started this graphic over my coffee this am, then got the email notice about this challenge. But boy, did I set myself up for trouble trying to figure out how to get the red/cream strips lined up to cuttlebug as one piece. I finally zigged them to a piece of printer paper and then ran through using the 'stars' folder. Taking forever to make these though, my blade in Fiskers is just shredding all the papers, so I am hand measuring/cutting. (I can not drive 1 hour+ just to buy a blade.) And Sandy, I am not!
Challenges;
Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps - No Sentiment
Sketch, #147 (sorta!)

Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

8 comments:

Angela said...

Here is my first freebie of the year

http://craftingwithjack.weebly.com/1/post/2013/01/happy-new-year-first-freebies-of-the-year.html

I would love it if you became a follower of my blog. Happy New Year to you

Camille Short said...

Perfect

Donna Nuce said...

These cards turned out great considering the cutting issues you had. Have a great day.

BobbisTreasure said...

The embossing is the perfect echo for your colors and image! Great job!!!

Lynn said...

This is very well done and I agree about not driving that far for one blade! LOL! I really like the embossing the red and white together. Good job!

cissymurphy.com said...

Love the cards! I keep telling myself I'm going to try combining papers and embossing but I haven't been in the right mood for it yet. LOL I only get to work on cards when I should be in bed, so I'm cranky by then. ;)

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

I back to posting free digis on Wednesday--can you please add ro FreeDigitalStamps --thanks---

DianeMoneyGoolsby
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

Very nice card. Your embossing came out beautifully. I just posted my card at:
polkadotpaperie.blogspot.com