Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Taking on Two Challenges!

I was only going to do one Challenge today over at Mojo Monday. But Operation Write Home snuck in a 'homework' assignment! They call their new challenge(s) 'Design Bootcamp'!
So, OWH is a color challenge, using 1 of 4 Color Harmonies. I chose to try a Complementary Color Scheme. Since I already had a base color for mojo challenge, I built on that idea. I actually sketched it out with measurements! That is a first for me as well.
The 3 dots are violet, but look almost black here. The butterfly is a punch and I embossed the bottom layer. i also rounded the corners on 1 just to see the difference.
Mojo Monday, was a very interesting sketch and it took me awhile to come up with a plan! ~*Really need a job :(  I so need new Stampin' Up or such inks and colors.*~ I actually just recalled, I have a Cricut cart with hummer. I could have used that in place of butterfly on the hummer card. Oh well...live & learn.

Challenges-
Operation Write Home - Color Challenge
Mojo Monday - Sketch #277

Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

6 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for visinting my blog. This is a lovely spin on the MM 277 layout. I like the rounded corners on your card. This is my all time favorite stamp set!

Creative M said...

A very Pretty card.Great take on the sketch.

Julie said...

Cute, Misty! I think I like the rounded corners best but both are adorable :)

Paula S. said...

The purple and green combo is striking and a nice choice for the hummingbird image. The embossing folder with the sweet little floral is a very nice detail too. Nice job Misty! Thanks for sharing it.

Amy A. said...

I just love your embossing and the use of the hummingbird stamp. which cartridge has the hummingbird image? Thanks for sharing.

Nancy Keller said...

Great job with your boot camp homework! I'm kind of partial to purple! Love both of your cards. That sketch looks like a lot of fun, too.