Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

OWH Midweek Throwdown Feb. 20 2013

It's Wednesday again! And this weeks challenge for OWH Midweek is, FUN FOLDS! I really enjoy the challenge of making these types of cards. As a matter of fact, the second tri-fold card I made, I made for Sandy, President of OWH for her BD!
Since then I have made a few more, Circus was a favorite! Anyhoo.. So I was working on another card for the Boot Camp Focal Point, when I got the notice about the fun fold card, and decided to combine the 2. I do not know what to call this, but it is A2 size and lined inside. It is kinda like the envelopes with the buttons & you close with string in a figure 8. Sorry for the horrid pics, lighting bad and camera is being cranky. Recipe below.
Recipe:
Kraft Card Stock-4x12, score @ 11" & 5 1/2". Corners rounded and inked with Cats Eye 'Albaster'
Layer 1- White stock 5 1/4x3 7/8
Layer 2- Patterned Paper 5x3.75
1' Strip of coordinating stock(light purple)Topped with 1/4" of PP. MS Punch.
Used paper piercer to punch all around card.
1 4 1/2" Doily cut in 1/2
Hummingbird-Cut @ 2 1/2" from Lyrical Letters, using Wausau 'white gold metallic' embossed with Damask #5, & popped up with 'precious'
Random sheer ribbon & flower
Walmart ribbon, attached through small slits (The inside liners cover them)Then topped with the buttons from Nana's button box, & attached with Glue Dots
*I need to trim that ribbon still*
I also had the idea to attach a small tag, with a sentiment to ribbon/flower, but left it off for now.
Challenges:
OWH Boot Camp-Focal Point :
OWH Mid Week Challenge - Fun Folds
3 Girl JAM - Anything Goes With Ribbon

Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

9 comments:

Paula S. said...

This is really pretty Misty! The placement of the bow and button next to the bird is great example of combining several elements into one string focal point. Nice job!

Penny Ward said...

I wouldn't know what to call this card either, but I LOVE it!!! will be attempting this kind of fold next. Thx for sharing!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is gorgeous Misty! I love all the detail, it's a beauty =)

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge this week!

Jen said...

Oh this is pretty! Love the bird and the bow!

Donna Nuce said...

I love the different take on the fold of this card! Very pretty card!

Donna K - Owner @ Created by Donna K said...

The layout and style of your card is just beautiful! Love the soft pastels and graceful hummingbird. TFS! Happy Weekend!

Carol L said...

What an amazing creation! You've layered everything so beautifully, and I love the shimmery embossed bird!

Julie Odil said...

I love hummingbirds, so this is definitely a winner in my book. Very beautiful! Thanks for joining in the 3 Girl Jam challenge.
- Julie O DT member
http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

217 Creations said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in at 3 Girl Jam!