Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

What's For Supper 7-1-13

I fixed my version of Schweine Schnitzel. I started eating before I took the picture, it just smelled so good and I was starving..lol! Recipe is below if you'd like it.

Recipe for Schweine Schnitzel

1 boneless pork chop* per person.
Flour
Bread Crumbs
2 Eggs
Water, Milk or Beer.

Heat about 2-3" oil in a cast skillet.
Place pork between wax paper or in a plastic zipper bag. Pound out very thinly. Kids love to do this!
Pat them dry with paper towel.
Place flour in 1 bowl, bread crumbs in another. Crack and beat eggs in 3rd bowl & add a few tablespoons of your choice of beverage.
Coat meat in flour, then into egg wash, then into crumb bowl.
Place carefully into pan of hot oil & fry till golden, turn and cook other side.
Drain on paper towels or black print newspaper & hold in warm oven if needed.
* You can also use chicken or beef*
I serve with garlic pepper mash potatoes & a country pepper gravy, veggie, in this case green beans picked from garden & a side salad.
Because these are so thin, I have everything else ready to plate as soon as each one is done.

Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest Pin It

7 comments:

Marie97 said...

Looks delish! TFS from BIF

Darcy Schroeder said...

My mouth is watering!
Darcy BIF
Thanks for the recipe!

scarletcalliope said...

This is making me hungry! Great dinner idea!

Christine Barker
BIF
http://scarletcalliope.wordpress.com/

Sukie said...

I am starving right now so it wasn't a good idea for me to pop over to your blog! Haha, looks very yummy! I am a new follower of your blog and looking forward to more inspiration from you! BIF

www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

Dawn Barrett said...

Ooh, I'm hungier now! I hope your BIF day is simply Red, white, and blue!

Haidee said...

Yummy! never tried beer but hey what the heck next time! TFS
from BIF group

Beth Bowkett said...

That looks scrummy, It has made me very hungry :) TFS, BIF xx