Blog Blinkies, Banners & Backgrounds Made To Order - Reasonable Prices!

BLINKIESMADETO ORDER!Sale!CUSTOMBLOGBACKGROUNDSMADETO ORDER! eMAIL FOR INFO!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Special Card for a Special Woman

Recently, a very special young lady in my life got married to her best friend. And their beautiful baby girl was the flower girl! I made her a special card using the colors of their wedding which was held out here in the pinelands, complete with a backyard BBQ reception. I will post pictures later of all that after the bride sees them and approves for publication. In the meanwhile I post the card. I accidentally signed it before I took pics so I blanked out the names. Typical me, it was just hours before the event! Recipe, such as it is, below pictures.

You Must visit this site. Scraputante.com
Without Kelly's generosity, I would still be stuck trying to make the red buttonaire for the tux side of my card.
She has a marvelous store front, which I am SO glad my friend made me visit. She is also on FB and has a blog. All can be linked to from the above address. She also donated a packet of Echo Park Patriotic Papers & stickers. I was wearing my shirt from Operation Write Home. More on this in future posts. I will be making many Any Hero Cards with Kelly's generous donation.
*Recipe*
*Standard A2 card base.
*Black textured CS from OTC for tux, cut and folded back.
* White CS fussy cut & cuttlebugged for dress
(Swiss Dots & Stylized Flowers folders)
*Red sheer ribbon from OTC to cover cuttlebug seam & floral bling from stash.
*Red stickles and a bit of red ribbon knotted for tie, on a square scrap of white textured Brazzill stock.
*Red floral accent curtisy of Scraputante.com.
*Inside, the bottom layer is a sheet of AC Foil paper. I used a MS punch on it, the one I hate cause it NEVER worked since day one.*sigh* Takes much work to get it done.
*Next layer sized to fit and the sentiment was computer generated with the font 'Adorable.'
*Top corners were made with Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper; Cloud.
*Hope you enjoy the card. I look forward to see your love in my comments.
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest
Pin It

10 comments:

Dawn Barrett said...

Gasp...this is amazing! wow...love this idea! BIF

Sukie said...

Gorgeous card, I love the tux and dress! Such a creative idea! I'm sure your friend will love this! BIF

KimberlyRae said...

Simply STUNNING!
KimberlyRae
BIF

GabyCreates.com said...

OMGosh I love this! This is so pretty and elegant!! Love the colors and design...everything!! BIF

scraputante said...

Amazing card! Thanks for sharing it with everyone and for the kudos :)

Cara said...

Beautiful card! Love everything about it!
BIF

Nikki said...

This is so pretty, BIF, xo Nikki

Marie97 said...

Lovely card! TFS from BIF

מתנות מקוריות said...

very cool gift for a wedding!
beautiful

Louie Donovan said...

Lovely cool gift cards, this is an ideal card for everyone.

grand cayman gift